Evolution Of Low Code Development Platforms
Modern Low code development platform
Today’s low code platforms speed up app development by streamlining the software development life cycle and play a major role in any business that needs digital transformation. The low code software development platform reduces the burden of the developer in implementing the traditional coding and also minimizes the investment in setup, training, and deployment. Both the developers and non-technical users can obtain huge benefits from low code.
The modern low code development platform is not only used to build the software easily but also used to debug, test and deploy the high secure application.
Below mentioned are the points the developers look for before entering into the low code platform:
- Before creating the app, ensure its functionality satisfies the business needs.
- Understand the limits of app customization.
- Check the migration of configurations from one environment to another.
- Ensure security and reliability.
- Check the overall quality and risk in maintainability.
Pro code Vs low Code
Building the perfect app that matches your business creates a huge difference in the operation of a business and what its future would be.
Before developing the app, the one thing that comes to your mind is whether to use low code or pro-code. To decide that, let’s now see the pros and cons of low code and pro code.
Pro code is nothing but a high code and traditional code. By using this, one must sit and type the coding line-by-line, test that code, modify it and the process goes on until it is finished. This process takes an enormous amount of time and money to deliver the application. The main drawback is only qualified professionals can develop the app with sophisticated user interfaces.
- It allows integrating with all systems
- Good understanding of product structure
- Explore the code easily and fix bugs
- Create new synapses within the product
- Only professional developers can develop the applications
- It takes a long time to develop
- Slow setup and deployment
- Low productivity and increased cost
Low code is nothing but creating business applications using visual tools rather than hand-coding. Without the help of the IT department or technical developers, anyone can create an application. Unlike dealing with source code, a technical or non-technical developer can use the drag and drop approach to develop the applications.
- Improve development agility and speed
- No need to worry about the syntax and programming commands
- Mostly depends on the libraries and algorithms
- Its quite easy to develop software without coding knowledge
- Easy to accelerate changes and updates to the new product in a short time
- Allow the non-technical users to develop apps
- Limited integration options
- Restrictions in modifying the source code
- There is no control over the performance of the software
- App comprises an enormous amount of codes, so the code libraries need to handle many conditions and tasks
- You never know whether the code will be compromised, which will result in compliance and security risks for a business.
- Limited to common use cases
According to the research, 70% of web traffic is coming from the use of smartphones and tablets. Many people prefer to use mobile applications because by using them you can get anything from anywhere. Businesses grab customer attention anytime by pushing the notification message. Higher conversation rates are done on mobile phones than on desktops. It allows the users to create mobile apps for android, iOS, and windows.
Before building an application, the technical or non-technical developer need to decide what type of app to develop:
- Web app: It can be accessed through web applications such as chrome, opera mini, or safari. One of the main advantages is, it works the same on all devices with a different operating system.
- Native app: It is designed for specific platforms and downloaded through app stores.
- Hybrid app: It can be built the same way as web applications, but it can be accessed through app stores.
Benefits of using React Native:
- It uses the native components of both operating systems to improve the performance of the app
- It uses the existing codes and pre-developed components
- Developers can easily access
- It supports live and hot reloading
- It reduces the cost of the app development by using the existing codes and implementing the small team to develop
- Offers a simple user interface
- Modular architecture is used to modify and update the application easily
- It provides a large number of libraries to simplify the task
- Allows third-party plugins
Reactive Native has astounding features that are used to write the code once and run it on any operating system.
The technologies comprise in the path of best low code development platforms are:
- Visual Modeling: The visual representation is used to help the developers to understand the logic of application design easily.
- Drag and drop interface: This tool cut out the hard coding by dragging and dropping the modules to create an application.
- Declarative tools: It is used to remove the need of writing custom code. It helps to do future modifications and to speed up the development process.
- Security and scalability: The right low code platform has built-in security features that make data flow secure and scalable in the application.
- Workflow: The developers can easily create workflows to automate the business process.
Challenges in implementing low code platforms
Digital transformation plays a prominent role in the business process. The low code platforms help to meet the business needs, but it is impossible to satisfy the enhancement that comes in the future. It is also difficult to debug the apps developed in the low code platform. When it handles a large amount of data, it slows down the operational process of the application. Ultimately, if apps work slow, users lose productivity. The developers need time to learn about the low code development tools and how to use them. Sometimes the low code development tools do not support the business needs. In such cases, developers need to write simple code to satisfy the business requirement. It is easy to write a simple code rather than using visual language to solve the business problem. At the same time, one cannot create an app on a different platform using a minimal code development process. Indeed, it is arduous to move the app to a different platform and also there are limitations in integration.
With or without coding knowledge
With development platforms like OREOPS, users can build an app without any coding knowledge. It is easy to develop an app by using visual modeling and drag & drop features. The user with minimal coding knowledge can achieve the business needs by implementing simple codes. Without the support of the IT department, the nontechnical developers can break down the complexity of creating business apps. Modern businesses prefer to use the low code development platform because it aims to increase productivity in a short time and is also cost-efficient.
In the lockdown period, we are in the urge of receiving every product at the doorstep. Every company needs to be a technology company in some way to improve their business. At that point, the low code development platform witnessed the demand for business growth and then become a trend to follow.
In 2012 OREOPS was developed as an internal tool and client version maintenance tool for developing windows based applications. Customers receiving services from OREOPS are UAE, India, Kuwait, Jordan, and other GCC countries. Profession developers across different geographic areas use Oreops to build web and mobile applications. Increase in the demand for low code platforms, the Oreops turn out as a full-fledged low code rapid application development for enterprises. To deliver good software, Oreops has its full-stack engineering, product, and quality team.
OREOPS is suitable for users who want to create applications without coding. Why choose OREOPS because t it is used to create good quality applications using features such as visual modeling tools, API/data source integration & multi-platform support and it helps to digitize existing business processes.
To learn more, register to attend OREOPS Launch & Product Overview webinar on 31st of March, 2021 at 11 AM IST.